The personal data collected on our website are processed in compliance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of April 27, 2016, regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the treatment of personal data and the free movement of such data.
Likewise, we guarantee that personal data is treated in a lawful, loyal and transparent manner, and is collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, remaining limited to such purposes and updated if necessary. The identification of the interested parties will not be allowed for longer than necessary and their security will be guaranteed through the appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
- Social denomination: EXAFAN, S.A.U.
- CIF: A-50182203
- registered office: Polígono Río Gállego, calle D 10, C.P.50.840 de San Mateo de Gállego (Zaragoza)
- Phone: +34 976 694530
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we process your data and what allows us to do so? Why can we process your data?
By completing the registration, reservation or contact forms, sending emails or calling by phone, your personal data will become the responsibility of EXAFAN, S.A.U.
The data will be processed for the following purposes:
- Provide the services that are ours, manage the reservation of the facilities and complementary services. When the interested party acquires our products and services, we need to process their personal data to manage and coordinate the commercial relationship and provide them with the services they contract with us. For these treatments, the contractual relationship that we formalize with the client legitimizes us.
- Communicate commercially with clients and interested parties by any means. We communicate commercially by electronic means with our clients based on our legitimate interest to offer them products and services similar to those that initially contracted us and inform them of our activities and events (Art. 21 LSSICE). They can oppose at the time of data collection, in each of the communications and through the mechanism provided in the section "What are your rights?".
- Respond to queries, requests for information and resolve incidents. When a client requests information about our products, services, activities, etc. or have an incident or claim in relation to them, we will process your data to identify you, contact you and provide you with the requested information or resolve the incident. This treatment will be based on the consent of the interested party or on the contractual relationship that binds us.
- Report graphically on events and activities. The images published on our website and social networks are used to publicize our products and services and we will obtain the consent of the interested parties verbally or in writing. They can oppose the treatment at the time of data collection or later through the mechanism provided in the section "What are your rights?".
- Guarantee the safety of people and facilities through video surveillance systems. We have a video surveillance system to guarantee the safety of the facilities and people. The treatment is reported on the corresponding signs for access to the video-surveilled area.
To whom do we provide your data?
We can communicate personal data to third-party providers in charge of processing, with the sole purpose of providing us with certain services following our instructions without using the data for their own purposes and in order to carry out activities that are our own, or to the administrations. competent public authorities in compliance with legal obligations.
In particular, the providers of additional services in our facilities will process the contact details of the holder of the reservation to coordinate and provide the contracted service.
When there is a loss that justifies it, we will communicate the data of the interested party (usually as a beneficiary) to the insurance company contracted by the person in charge.
International data transfers are not contemplated.
How long do we keep your data?
As a general rule, the data will be kept as long as they are compatible with the purpose for which they were collected and in compliance with legal conservation obligations, before being deleted.
What are your rights?
You will be able to:
- Get more information
- Withdraw your consent when you have given it for a specific treatment
- Stop receiving our commercial communications
- Exercise your rights to:
- Access, or know what personal data we process about you;
- Rectification, or correct incorrect or inaccurate personal data;
- Deletion, or to delete the personal data we hold about you that we are not legally required to retain;
- Opposition, or that we stop processing your personal data for a specific purpose;
- Limitation, or to restrict the treatment that we carry out;
- Portability, or to provide you with the personal data in our possession;
You can obtain more information and exercise the rights granted by the data protection regulations on personal data by presenting a copy of an identification document (Only for the exercise of Rights) in the contact means provided by the person in charge.
You can find more information about your rights or file a claim with the competent control authority at the Spanish Data Protection Agency http://www.agpd.es – C/ Jorge Juan, 6. 28001 – Madrid (901 100 099 – 912 663 517).